Tue, Apr 11|
Zoom (RSVP for link)
Our BPS community member, Henry Kandel, will be hosting a free, online workshop discussing his personal approach to using yoga as a vehicle for transformation in the ketamine state.
Time & Location
Apr 11, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Zoom (RSVP for link)
About the event
Are you a therapeutic ketamine patient? Have you been curious to try ketamine therapy but aren’t sure how to make the most of it? This workshop may be the one for you! Our BPS community member, Henry Kandel, will be hosting a free, online workshop discussing his personal approach to using yoga as a vehicle for transformation in the ketamine state.
Ketamine as a treatment for mental health concerns has become increasingly popular at a rapid pace. While many people benefit greatly from this form of treatment, not everyone has adequate support or guidance for navigating the altered ketamine state for personal growth and transformation. Henry hopes to address this gap by offering to our community a yogic framework for working with the ketamine state.
What is Ketamine-State Yoga?
Ketamine-State Yoga is a simple collection of yogic practices designed specially for the ketamine state. However, this is not what most folks associate with yoga. Most of the practices Henry will teach involve the breath and the mind, rather than the physical body.
An anesthetic and recreational drug, ketamine has recently been discovered to be a powerful medicine for depression. It is also a tool for exploring mystical dimensions of consciousness. Ketamine-State Yoga shows how to harness this lesser-known power. Inspired by Tibetan Dream Yoga, Ketamine-State Yoga seeks to build awareness in a non-ordinary state of consciousness.
What are the goals of Ketamine-State Yoga?
(1) To induce a “peak mystical experience.” In the scientific literature, this type of experience is associated with improved therapeutic results — deeper and longer-lasting benefits. The peak mystical experience often leads to positive transformation and profound shifts in philosophy and energy.
(2) To make a wide range of yogic practices accessible and compelling. These practices improve health and balance of body, energy, and mind. They reduce emotional suffering and cultivate joy, with or without ketamine!
The practices taught in this workshop are designed for ketamine-assisted therapy but can be applied to other forms of psychedelic healing too!
Who is Ketamine-State Yoga for?
Ketamine-State Yoga may not be for everyone, but if it’s for you, it could be a game changer! You are likely to benefit from these practices if…
- You are engaged in ketamine-assisted therapy or another form of psychedelic healing
- You are interested in yoga, meditation, and/or spirituality (you do not need to be experienced with any of these to participate!)
- You are looking for ways to deepen and extend the benefits of your ketamine-assisted therapy or other psychedelic healing practices
About Your Host…
Henry Kandel is a yoga and science teacher. He is also a therapeutic ketamine patient, and has made considerable progress with his own depression and PTSD. He developed Ketamine-State Yoga over a period of several years and is now teaching the methods to other yogis. Henry also runs psychedelic healing workshops at yoga studios and other venues, and has taught pranayama (yogic breathing) at our Journey Cohort Program. Henry believes the core values and missions of the yoga and psychedelic-healing communities are deeply resonant and he is devoted to exploring their integration in order to benefit himself and others!
This workshop is free to attend and will take place via Zoom. Please RSVP in order to receive the meeting link. If you have any questions about this event, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We can’t wait to see you there!